EVERETT CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
6:30 P.M. OCTOBER 1, 2014
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes: September 24, 2014
Council Comments/Liaison Reports
COUNCIL BRIEFING AGENDA: (These items come before the City Council serving as a Council Committee of the Whole and are likely to be scheduled at a future meeting.
(1) Revenue Workshop
(2) CB 1409-45 1st Reading- Adopt the Proposed Ordinance levying the general taxes for the City of Everett for fiscal year commencing January 1, 2015, on all taxable property, both real and personal, subject to taxation thereon, for the purpose of raising portion of the revenue to carry on City operations for the ensuing year, as required by the Charter of the City of Everett and the laws of the State of Washington (3rd and final reading and public hearing on 10-15-14)
(3) CB 1409-46 1st Reading Adopt the Proposed Ordinance modifying and renewing interim zoning regulations related to recreational marijuana businesses. 3rd and final reading and public hearing on 10-15-14)
(4) Award the construction contract for the Senator Henry M. Jackson Park Phase One Renovation Project to FaberConstruction Corporation
(5) Bruskrud Road Park Parcel Master Planning and Project Development Overview
PROPOSED ACTION AGENDA:
(6) CB 1409-44 -2nd Reading Adopt the Proposed Ordinance providing for the issuance and sale of limited tax general obligation refund bonds of the City in the principal amount of not to exceed $36,500,000 to provide funds to refund certain outstanding bonds. (3rd and final reading on 10-8-14)
(7) AdoptresNo. ____ authorizing claims against the City of Everett in the amount of $1,259,880.68 for the period of September 13, 2014 through September 19, 2014.
(8) Adopt Resolution No. ____ authorizing electronictransfer claims against the City of Everett in the amount of $6,109,680.16 for the period of August 1, 2014 through August 31, 2014.
(9) Authorize the closure of Wall Street, Oakes to Wetmore, and Rockefeller, Wall to Hewitt, for a Breast Cancer Awareness Walk/Run on October 4, 2014, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., sponsored by the American Cancer Society
(10) Accept the Water Main M Replacement project as complete and Authorize the Mayor to sig the Certificate of Completion with SRVConstruction allowing the release of the escrow held in the Whidbey Island Bank
(11) Authorize the Call for Bids for the 2015 Biosolids Removal
(12) Award the contract bid for the Broadway Bridge Replacement Project to Interwest Construction, Inc., of Burlington, WA, in the amount of $7,685,423.50 including Washington State sales tax.
(13) Award RFQ 2014-052 for a Fire Department Efficiency Assessment and Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract withFitch and Associates, LLC in the amount of $66,400.00.
(14) Authorize the Mayor to sign the Agreement with Providence WA, Anesthesia Services for the provision of clinical education to Everett Fire Department Emergency Medical Services providers.
(15) Adopt Resolution waiving public bidding requirements and Approve Sole Source Purchase of the Lateral and Mainline Probe II System Retrofit from Cuesin the amount of $130,985.40 including Washington State Sales Tax.
(16) Authorize the Mayor to sign the Professional Services Agreement with Aspect Consulting, LLC to provide geotechnical engineering design services for Watermain Replacement P Project in the amount of $11,529.00.
(17) Approve the tort Claim Settlement with the Foam Shop. Inc. doing business as Friendly Foam Shop in the amount of $62,770.41.
(18) Authorize the Mayor to sign all the necessary documents with Washington State Department of Commerce regarding application, utilization and acceptance of the $32,170.00 Federal Fund Year 2014 STOP Grant Violence Against Women Award.
Everett City Council agendas can be found, in their entirety, on the City of Everett Web Page at www.ci.everett.wa.us utilizing the City Services dialog box,
and selecting City Council.
Everett City Council meetings are recorded for rebroadcast on government-access cable Comcast Channel 21 and Frontier Channel 29 at 12:00 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday; 2 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Thursday; 7 p.m. Friday and Sunday; 10:00 a.m., Saturday.
The City of Everett does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment in, its programs or activities. Requests for assistance or accommodations can be arranged by contacting the Everett City Council Office
at 425 257-8703.