Riding the bus is easy!
Here are some simple tips for first-time riders.
If you need any further information or assistance, call Everett Transit’s Customer Service Center at 425-257-7777.
- To have someone help you plan your bus trip, contact Everett Transit’s Customer Service Center at 425-257-7777 and have the following close at hand:
• Pen and paper (to write down directions and transfers)
• Starting address or cross streets
• Ending address or cross streets
• Time and date you want to take your trip
- Once our customer service personnel have helped you find your route and times, locate the bus stop (that serves your bus route) nearest you. Try to arrive at your stop at least five minutes early.
- When you see your bus coming, signal to let the driver know you wish the bus to stop. ET has both front and side designation signs so you can identify the bus as it approaches.
- Have the exact fare ready. Drivers DO NOT carry change.
- For your safety, please be seated promptly.
- Pull the signal cord about one block before your stop. If you are unfamiliar with the area of your destination, ask the driver to assist you.
- Animals, other than service animals trained to assist the disabled, must be in an animal container.
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by a paying customer capable of caring for the child.
- Please refrain from eating or drinking on the bus, carry all trash off the bus with you.